Best Camping Pads for Couples
When you’re in a tent, it may seem like a good night’s sleep is unattainable. Just thinking of another night’s sleep on the cold hard ground may bring back bad camping memories. However, it is possible to get some quality sleep on Best Camping Pads for Couples.
Couples who camp together stay together, they say. I think I just made that up, but it sounds pretty good, right? Spending quality time in the outdoors with your significant other can be just the antidote couples need to combat the stress and monotony of daily life.
Besides enjoying good foods, getting good sleep is one important aspect of a good couples camping trip. Finding the best camping air mattress for couples will make this dream a reality.
Whether you are a hiker, backpacker, or pack it all car camper, there is a camping air mattress for you. This guide will fill you in on all the details necessary to make sure you get a couples air mattress that checks off all of your boxes.
Best Car Camping Mattress for Couples
While there are lots of camping mattresses available, picking the best air mattress for a couple is a little more complicated. First, you need to consider how much space you’ll need to sleep comfortably — do you need a queen-size mattress or one that will fit in your backpacking tent?
Next, you’ll want to think about your budget, as well as the kind of camping you’ll do.
Considering these factors makes it easier to make the right choice for you. With these choices in mind, we analyzed some of the top-rated air mattresses to narrow down the field. Here’s our guide to the best camping mattresses for couples. Let’s start
KingCamp Luxury 3D Double
When you are away from home and want to add extra comfort to your cot or sleeping bag, try this CLASSIC LIGHT damp-proof lightweight, durable oxford PVC coating self-inflating camp pad mat.
An inflatable camp pad is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The self-Inflating camp pad is also damp-proof, which is comfortable to lie on. Make your camping trips more glamorous and wonderful and lightweight camp pad.
It is not only used on camping trips but also at home if you have guests round to spend the night. KingCamp sleeping mattresses camp pad will change how you think about sleeping outdoors by bringing you a better night’s sleep.
The double self-inflating camping pad is designed to achieve a perfect sleeping experience, offers you the desired comfort and warmth.
The self-inflating sleeping pad features 3-inch thick high rebound foam, keeping you and your lover warm by insulating the coldness or keep you from jagged rock or uneven cold ground.
- Thick pad.
- Very long.
- Storage bag included.
- Thick pad.
- Very comfortable.
- Very long.
- Carry bag.
- Complaints about leaking.
In Your Prime Double Sleeping pad for Camping
This 2.5-inch sleeping pad is ideal for two persons and can inflate and deflate with ease. It comes laminated with waterproof 40D ripstop nylon and TPU coating, along with reinforced fabric interwoven to prevent tears and leaks. The pad is lightweight, weighing about 35oz, and easy to carry.
- This double sleeping pad makes little to no noise thanks to the unique TPU film, which also provides enough padding to keep you warm off the cold hard ground.
- Army green which doesn’t show dirt and is made out of the best 40D ripstop nylon camping material available to withstand punctures and water.
- The included pump bag that’s packed into this sleeping pad not only serves its purpose to blow up the pad but also adds value to your campsite comforts.
- Large and wide mattress
- Built-in detachable survival paracord handle can get used as a bracelet
- Includes a dry sack with multi-purpose uses
- Lifetime warranty
- May not hold air for long
SuitedNomad Double Sleeping Pad for Camping
The sleeping pad measures 77х48in and weighs 56oz, making it a travel-friendly accessory. It includes a carry bag for compact packing and a ‘Blow Up Pump Sack that reduces inflation time and avoids moisture build-up.
While other camping sleeping pads are uncomfortable, won’t stay inflated for more than 1 hour, or slide around in the middle of the night, the SuitedNomad SUV Air Mattress has a UNIQUE air cells design with 2.2 inches of thickness to keep your hip bone away from the cold ground and features cutouts for a better fit to most SUV’s
The versatile design is suitable for any nomad who is looking for an amazing car or tent camping experience. The bundle also includes a carry bag for compact packing and a Blow-Up Pump Sack to reduce inflation time and to avoid getting moisture inside your pad.
- The SuitedNomad SUV air pad packs small enough so you can also take on your backpacking trips without worrying about the added space and weight.
- No matter if you are a camper, hiker, backpacker, or just want to enjoy better sleep outdoors, you can use our inflatable sleeping pad to take your experience to the next level.
- The Ergonomic Shape designed by physicians prevent body stiffness and, if you are a side sleeper, keeps your hip from hitting the bottom when lying on your side -Zero Stress.
- Option to inflate two air chambers separately to use it as a single or as a double pad
- Puncture-resistant, non-slippery TPU material
- Specially designed to fit SUV trunk lining
- Ultra-lightweight and ergonomic mattress
- It May be uncomfortable for some users
Hikenture Double Camping Pad
Couples and camping buddies have plenty of room to cuddle up on this double-sized sleeping pad. It’s covered in waterproof polyester, is easy to spot-clean, and features a built-in foot pump for quick inflation and deflation.
Hikenture started with one big goal: to ensure you get better sleep in the wild without breaking the bank. And this navy blue double sleeping pad is one of their most comfortable and versatile options yet.
Hikenture is as versatile as you’d want it to be. You can use it for car camping because it fits well in standard and crossover SUVs. Or you can use it in a tent because it’s thick enough to provide a good level of comfort when placed on the ground.
There’s a cool design mix in this gizmo: a rugged polyester pongee construction for strength and durability, a TPU coating for abrasion and scratch resistance, and a puncture proofing mechanism that provides a shield from harsh objects.
Hikenture is 3.75 inches thick, and it’s soft like a pillow. There are no squeaky noises and no cracking sounds. You get better sleep; the kind likened to the same comfort you get from your home’s bed.
You’ll love the Hikenture double sleeping pad even more because it’s self-inflating. There’s no need to pump your lungs hard here. You just need to leave the pad in the open air for about 8 minutes, and it’ll fill up on its own.
- It’s designed to minimize your pack and make camping easier; this insulated sleeping pad features an enormously reduced storage size of 10.6″ x 4.7″ x 4.7″ – smaller than an A4 magazine – and a much-lightened weight of 2.5LBS (40oz).
- No extra pump needed and no more tiresome blowing with your mouth! This inflatable camping pad comes with a practical pump air sack, requiring only 3-5 bags of air and less than a minute to fully blow it up.
- The surface is made of reinforced 40D rip-stop nylon fabric with a waterproof coating, while the environmentally friendly TPU layer under the fabric effectively prevents any air leak.
- Campers can use this sleeping pad together or enjoy it for some spacious solo snoozing.
- No manual pumping or deep breathing is needed to inflate this sleeping pad. Simply use the built-in foot pump, and it’ll inflate within two minutes!
- This sleeping pad is easily compressed and can get rolled into a carrying case when you’re ready to pack up.
- If you’re looking for something small, you find this sleeping pad’s double-design to be inconvenient.
- Keep in mind that this is an inflatable pad, and is not filled with foam, cotton, or any cushioning material.
Ubon Double Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad
The Ubon Sleeping Pad comes in a range of colors, including black, dark blue, green, gray, and olive green. It’s great on the eye, and self-inflates, saving you time and energy.
This Self-Inflating or deflating Air Mattress features a 23mm large diameter non-leak valve and could inflate or deflate the pad when you unroll or pack it up. No pump needed, and just place the sleeping pad on a flat surface and watch it inflate to about 1.4-inch height. First inflating may take a little bit longer.
This 1.4″ thickness sleeping mat is made of moisture-proof and abrasion-resistant 190T pongee fabric with 21D high-resilience sponge filling.
It is skin-friendly, thick, wide, durable, and never worry about the rock, uneven ground, or dampness. Super comfortable all night long, suitable for couples, kids, adults, and family for all seasons, even in cold weather.
Ergonomic design pillow fits a head curve to provide head and neck support with bed-like comfort for great night sleep—light aerated valve with two openings for quick inflation and deflation. Blow pillow up to the appropriate height through the first opening. And deflate the pillow in 1 second through the second opening; you never need to squeeze the pillow nozzle to deflate.
- A patch bag comes prepared to repair little holes on the air mattress if ripped by a sharp rock.
- Lightweight and compact, perfect for camping, hiking, traveling, slumber parties, outdoor activities, and overnight guests, also great for storage in your car, trunk, or your home.
- Multiple color options
- Moisture-proof and abrasion-resistant
- Includes two pillows
- Carry bag included
- Air valves could be better designed
KingCamp Double Self Inflating Camping Sleeping Pad
Kingcamp has hit the nail on the head with this one. It not only provides great comfort, allowing for a good night’s sleep, it also comes with two built-in inflatable pillows for extra support.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to choose from multiple color options, including beige, blue, green, or gray.
When inflated, it reaches a size of 78” x 51.2” x 1.6”, making it perfect for two people. After use, you can easily transport this bed thanks to the lightweight design – it only weighs 9.7lbs.
Additionally, storage won’t be an issue as it includes a carry bag for easy transportation. The great thing about this sleeping pad is it has a banding belt attached, meaning you’ll be able to store it in the carry bag without any issues.
You can sleep well knowing it’s made of 100% micro brushed 75D polyester, is damp-proof, skin-friendly, and designed to keep you comfortable throughout the night. If you want to take comfort to the next level, a high-quality mattress topper is a great addition to this sleeping pad.
- Triple-zone design.
- Pillows included.
- Carry bag.
- Very good price.
- Very good size.
- Great price.
- Bonus pillows.
- 2 inflatable pillows included
- Multiple color options
- Great size for two people
- Compact and lightweight
- Damp-proof and skin-friendly
- Could be a bit thicker
Coleman Camping Cot
Maybe you’re the type of camper to pack everything but the kitchen sink. With Coleman’s cot and mattress combo, you can practically pack the whole bed. Coleman has long been a name for invaluable camping supplies.
They know their stuff, and this camping mattress for couples is no exception. This is one of their best examples of quality – and it translates into a great night’s sleep camping.
First, there’s a cot. Assembly makes sense, and you’re rewarded with a very sturdy-looking platform. We love that it has two fold-out side tables and cup holders! It hardly feels like roughing it to lounge on this! The vertical bar down the middle keeps you from rolling into the middle all night, but you can’t feel it through the air bed on top.
The mattress isn’t attached, so you could use them separately if you wanted to, doubling the sleeping space. It only takes about 90 seconds to inflate the mattress with the battery-operated pump. It can then get zipped into place to keep it from moving.
The air bed stays inflated all night thanks to the leak-proof system, while an advanced coil construction offers better support. For easy access during the night, place a flashlight or water bottle on the pull-out side tables, complete with cup holders.
- The airTight system is factory-tested to be leak-free
- ComfortStrong coil system provides better support for all-night comfort
- The double Lock valve is dual-sealed to be leak-free
- Included 4D pump for easy inflation and deflation, outdoors or indoors (batteries sold separately)
- Two side tables with cup holders
- A sewn-in cover keeps the airbed in place
- Strong folding steel frame
- 22-in. bed height makes getting in and out of bed easier
- Designed for people up to 6 ft. tall
- It supports up to 600 lbs.
- Dimensions: 78 x 59 x 22 in.
- Carry bag included
- Extraordinary price.
- Complete sleep system.
- Easy setup.
- Very comfortable.
- Very reliable.
- Durable materials.
- Nicely packable.
- The pad cover not removable.
Air Comfort Camp Mate Inflatable Air Mattress
The Camp Mate gives you the comfort of a standard bed, with the flexibility of an air bed, making it perfect for camping, hiking, and backpacking.
You’ll be able to inflate it in as little as 4 minutes. It also includes an electric pump, meaning you won’t have to spend hours blowing it up yourself – We all know how annoying that can be!
Furthermore, it’s designed to withstand the elements and is durable, meaning you’ll be able to use it outside. Even though it’s waterproof, we don’t recommend using it outside if there’s a chance it may rain, just to be on the safe side. Although, I doubt you’re going to be sleeping in the rain anyway?
The bottom of this mattress comes with a dura-grip feature, preventing it from sliding everywhere. On the flip side, the top half is soft flocked, meaning you won’t have to worry about your sheets sliding all over the place.
- L-Beam construction and horizontal baffles allow for even airflow and a flat sleeping surface for maximum comfort
- The double-lock valve uses the first seal to stop air from escaping when you remove the external air pump, while the second seal locks in the air
- Ultra-soft and waterproof, the flocked top increases airflow and helps keep sheets in place; Battery powered air pump inflates the bed in under 4 minutes
- Easy to clean
- Does not have any bad odors
- Easily inflates and deflates
- May leak air throughout the night
Kelty Tru.Comfort Doublewide 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
The great thing about this sleeping bag is it features a removable top layer. This is great if you’re camping in hot weather.
Furthermore, the hood allows two large pillows to get stored for maximum comfort and support. Keep in mind that you’ll have to purchase your pillows as they’re not included.
Space isn’t an issue with this sleeping bag. It’s 64 inches across and 84 inches in height, making it bigger than a queen-size bed!
Additionally, you’ll be able to use it regardless of the season. It’s great for keeping you warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer.
After use, you can put it in the carry bag provided. Once in the carry bag, it’s super compact, meaning it can get stored in your RV or car.
- Oversize hood leaves enough room for your favorite pillows from home
- ThermaPro insulation and offset quilt construction offer cozy warmth
- Comfort-tuck zipper system
- Thermal-comfort hood and natural fit footbox
- Integrated media storage pocket
- Draft tube with anti-snag design behind the zipper
- Stuff sack included
- Removable top layer
- Space for two large pillows
- Bigger than a queen-size bed
- Great for Winter and Summer
- Carry bag included
- Have to purchase your pillows
QOMOTOP Ultra Thick Self-Inflating Camping Mattress
Qomotop has done something unique in the air mattress world. They have created a pad that contains a sort of memory foam. It is comfortable and large enough for two people. This pad mimics your bed at home like no inflatable I’ve ever laid on.
It comes in a compact package, but the inner foam expands on its own once opened. Like the Hikenture pad, this comes with a bag to manually inflate it the rest of the way. It’s brilliantly simple engineering that translates into four inches of comfort without the need for batteries or electricity.
Even uninflated, this would be pretty comfortable simply from the cushy foam lining. That’s a plus – in the event of a leak, you won’t wake to find yourself against the hard ground.
It also retains heat better than the competition, claiming an R-Value of 9.5. Deflating is more of a challenge since the thick layer takes some effort to decompress, but the durability reflects the overall quality.
- Self-inflating pad.
- Very thick.
- Double size.
- Stuff sack doubles as an inflation sack.
- Patented valve design.
- High R-value.
- Very thick.
- Huge R-value.
- Long pad.
- Double size.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Best Camping Pads for Couples
Now that you’ve seen our favorite car camping sleeping pads let’s dive deeper into the methodology behind our decisions. When you’re shopping for the perfect sleeping pad, there are a few key factors to keep in mind, and we have outlined them below!
If you are a frequent camper, it is worth investing in a quality pad irrespective of the budget. It can also get you a combination of comfort, warmth, and durability.
Consider the weight of the sleeping pad while purchasing it. Choose a lightweight sleeping pad that is easy to carry and takes little space.
3. Thickness and insulation
Look for a pad that is thick and has a high R-value. Thicker mattresses are soft and extra comfortable, while a high R-value provides good insulation and warmth.
The sleeping pad’s material can make a difference in comfort levels and durability. The material should be durable, waterproof, easy to clean, and tear-resistant.
While camping, comfort is key, right? It can make or break a camping experience, especially if you’re new to camping. Even if you are roughing it, a cranky camper will make it worse; therefore, a restful night’s sleep is important for couples to enjoy their quality time together. One of these air mattresses is sure to be just what you need for your next camping excursion!
Well, you’ve seen our favorite sleeping pads and learned all about how to pick the perfect one. But before you start shopping, don’t forget to keep a close eye on materials, sizing, and construction to find the pad that’s best for you. You might want to keep this guide on hand, so you’ve got all the information you need right at your fingertips. Good luck and happy trails!